ADVANCE News & Events
- The ADVANCE project held two industry days in the autumn: Southampton on Wednesday 24th September 2014 and Dusseldorf on Thursday 23rd October 2014. The aim of the industry days was to promote the results of the ADVANCE project through the industrial case studies, highlighting the ADVANCE process and its integration with existing processes and the role of the tools in supporting the process. Both days were a great success with a range of participants from Belgium, France, Germany, UK and USA.
- John Colley gave a tutorial on ADVANCE methods and tools at DVCon Europe (Design and Verification Conference and Exhibition) in Munich.
- Colin Snook, Vitaly Savicks and Jens Bendisposto gave an overview of ADVANCE and ran a project booth giving demos of Rodin, iUML-B, ProB2, BMotion Studio2 and Mixed-simulation as part of the European Project Space at Simultech in Vienna.
- Michael Butler gave an overview of ADVANCE at the UK Workshop on Cyber-Security of ICS and SCADA systems organised by the Research Institute for Trustworthy Industrial Control Systems, Airbus Group Innovations and the Airbus Centre of Excellence in SCADA Cyber Security & Forensics Research in Leicester.
- ADVANCE Newsletter 2 released.
- Selex ES has joined ADVANCE as a new partner. Selex, as the end user of the smart energy system development of WP2, will bring industrial and commercial experience to the exploitation of the methods and tools developed by ADVANCE. Selex ES are providing expert input into the formal modeling of Low Voltage Networks which will result in a smart grid solution which not only is energy efficient but can also avert transformer failure, thereby ensuring more reliable and cost-effective energy supply to meet future user demand.
- An ADVANCE Consortium Meeting was held in Winchester on 7+8 November.
- Michael Butler attended the 1st European Experts Workshop on Cyber-physical Systems in Munich organised by the CyPhERS project which is developing a roadmap for Cyber-physical systems research in Europe.
- ADVANCE contributed to the organisation of a Dagstuhl workshop on Integration of Tools for Rigorous Software Construction and Analysis. Michael Leuschel (Dusseldorf) was one of the organisers and there were also participants from Alstom, Systerel and Southampton presenting on-going developments in the ADVANCE Project.
- The ADVANCE project was presented by Michael Leuschel at a dissemination symposium on the theme of "Safety & Security".
The meeting was held in Brussels on June 18th 2013 and was organised by the North Rhine-Westphalia Innovation Alliance" (www.innovationsallianz.nrw.de).
A catalogue presenting research projects in the area of "Safety & Security" can be obtained from the website of the event.
- At the core of the B-Method is a very expressive language rooted in predicate logic, set theory, relational calculus, higher-order functions and arithmetic. At the heart of the ProB toolset developed with in Advance is an evaluator and constraint solver for this language. We strive for both efficiency and correctness, such that the tool can be used in a safety-critical context.
The company ClearSy has posted an interesting success story about using our tool ProB for a railways reverse-engineering project, where they have made use of ProB's constraint solver in a new way. The article says "Data validation principles have been applied recently to a railways reverse-engineering project with great success. B and ProB have demonstrated again how efficient they are when used in combination. ... This problem was solved elegantly by using data validation principles: a B model representing the two graphs and their properties were elaborated, and ProB used for finding a solution."
- ADVANCE contributed to the organisation of the 2013 Rodin User and Developer Workshop in Turku on 10+11 June. ADVANCE contributed the tutorial sessions on ProB (Dusseldorf) and UML-B (Southampton) as well as several presentations covering on-going tool development work in ADVANCE.
- An ADVANCE plenary meeting was held in Aix-en-Provence on 13-14 May. A group photo is available here.
- ADVANCE Newsletter 1 released.
- Southampton exhibited the Rodin toolset at a Universty Booth at DATE 2013 in Grenoble.
- February 2013
- Southampton had a demonstration booth for Rodin and presented a paper on STPA and Event-B at the 21st Safety-critical Systems Symposium in Bristol, UK.
- November 2012
- ADVANCE partners articipated in the DS-Event-B-2012 Workshop in Kyoto, Japan.
- ADVANCE participated in the T-AREA-SoS U.S. workshop held in the US in November 2012 where the ADVANCE case studies and tools were presented. T-AREA-SoS (Trans-Atlantic Research and Education Agenda in System of Systems) is a support action project funded by the European Commission with the primary purpose of formulating a research agenda for the system of systems area that spans US and European activities.
1 October 2012
- 3 August 2012
- Rodin 2.6 Tool released.
- 31 July 2012
- ADVANCE Deliverable 3.2 released.
- May 2012
- An ADVANCE plenary meeting was held at Alstom in Paris on 22-23 May.
- February 2012
- ADVANCE partners participated in the 2012 DEPLOY Federated Event in Fontainebleau, France.
- 21 December 2011
- The first set of ADVANCE deliverables were released.
- 9-10 November 2011
The ADVANCE kickoff meeting was held on 9 and 10 November 2011 in Southampton. All ADVANCE Partners participated, the key challenges and innovations were discussed and detailed plans for the remainder of the project were made.
- 30 September 2011
- News release about ADVANCE.